7.2.12

RestInPeace

Holding someone, saying "hi" to them in the hallway, letting them copy your math homework before class. We take these things for granted. Someone very special in our community left us yesterday, and I can safely, unfortunately, say that I hadn't gotten the chance to speak with him for quite a long time. This goes to show how for granted everyone takes one another. I will be the first to admit it. Situations like this make me question, is thriving for everyone's attention, for everyone's love a good thing? Should we have so many friends in our life if we can't even keep track of them? I am crying while I write this. This boy was sweet, caring, talented, and above all, inspiring...and I never got the chance to share that with him. He was too young to leave this earth so soon, especially when he had so much going for him. Ive found myself feeling guilty all day. Guilty for smiling, guilty for laughing, guilty for watching my favorite tv shows, but that's not what he would want. He was always smiling and laughing and making jokes of everything, he would want us to be happy. So today, I challenge all of you, send a quick text, an email, write a letter or make a phone call to all of those you care about and just remind them that you love them. That might be the only thing they need to hear.

Jack has touched so many hearts in our whole community. Especially the little town of Dryden.

May you rest in peace Jack Gallagher, and wherever you are, keep doing what you do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment